Early voting was signed into law in 2014, and was available for the first time in November 2016. The state has provided statistics from the 2016 election, showing that Early Voting was surprisingly popular. Visit the state web page on Early Voting. Early Voting enables voters with tough schedules or transportation issues to cast an in-person vote.
- Each city and town chooses their own early voting locations and sets their own schedules, but every community needs to offer early voting for a minimum number of hours, which is based on the number of voters in that city or town. All communities are also required to offer weekend early voting hours.
- Remember that early voting may not be available in your city or town on every day of the early voting period. Check your community’s schedule when it becomes available to make a plan to vote.
- The state website will have information on every city and town when early voting dates for 2022 are finalized. You will pick your town and click on “Show locations and dates.”
- Each site is required to have the AutoMark up and running.
- You may cast your early ballot in person at any early voting location in your city or town.
- Your town’s website should have information on Early Voting location(s).
Early Voting 2022
September 6, 2022 State Primary: August 27 – September 2
November 8, 2022 State Election: October 22 – November 4