The American Association of People with Disabilities sponsors REV UP organizations across the country. Visit their REV UP / Voting pages for more information and resources.
- REV UP Webinar in April of 2021 has a great message, and many resources.
Federal Election Assistance Commission – Resources for Voters with Disabilities
NonProfitVote.org – Has ideas, resources and webinars to help nonprofit organizations increase voter participation.
- America Goes to the Polls 2020.pdf – America Goes to the Polls 2020 is based on the final certified voter turnout collected by the U.S. Elections Project. The report provides the official state rankings in voter turnout and turnout growth compared to the last presidential election in 2016. This ranking provides insights into the impact of election policies on state-by-state voter turnout, including vote by mail and same day registration. Vote by mail has different implementations, and these differences are also discussed.
- Non-profits and other groups are prohibited from engaging in partisan politics. Using Social Media.pdf has guidelines especially for social media.
National Disability Rights Network – Voting Pages and lots of Disability Information
ADA.GOV – 2016 ADA Checklist for Polling Places
By the Disabilities Rights Center of Arkansas – A Poll Worker’s Guide to Assisting Voters with Disabilities
Self Advocates Becoming Empowered – www.sabeusa.org – a national self-advocacy organization
- Voters with Disabilities Election Report (2018) (pdf) – The purpose of the GoVoter Survey was to find out the experience that voters with disabilities had casting a ballot including getting information about candidates and issues, poll workers attitudes, and completing a ballot.
- SABE Voter Education Toolkit
Commissions and Local Services
MA Town Clerks
From the Secretary of State’s web pages: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleclk/clkidx.htm
Many towns and cities have Disability Commissions. You can download a list at MA Commissions on Disabilities. Contact names and phone numbers are provided. Scroll down to the Additional Resources section.
Local Veterans Service Officers
Many towns and cities have a Veterans’ Service Officer. You can download a list at MA Veterans’ Services. Contact names and phone numbers are provided.
ASAPs and Councils on Aging
- From Mass.gov – Aging Service Access Points – www.mass.gov/location-details/aging-services-access-points-asaps-in-massachusetts
- Massachusetts Councils on Aging – mcoaonline.com
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network New England
- The Arc of Massachusetts
- Bay State Council of the Blind
- Boston Center for Independent Living
- Center for Living and Working
- Disability Law Center
- Disability Policy Consortium
- Easter Seals of Massachusetts
- Independence Associates
- Mass Advocates Standing Strong
- MA Developmental Disabilities Council
- MA Down Syndrome Congress
- MA State Association of the Deaf
- MetroWest Center for Independent Living
- Northeast Independent Living Program
- Perkins School
- National Disability Rights Network