The American Association of People with Disabilities sponsors REV UP organizations across the country. Visit their REV UP / Voting pages for more information and resources.
Federal Election Assistance Commission – Resources for Voters with Disabilities
NonProfitVote.org – Has ideas, resources and webinars to help nonprofit organizations increase voter participation.
National Disability Rights Network – Voting Pages and lots of Disability Information
ADA.GOV – 2016 ADA Checklist for Polling Places
By the Disabilities Rights Center of Arkansas – A Poll Worker’s Guide to Assisting Voters with Disabilities
Self Advocates Becoming Empowered – www.sabeusa.org – a national self-advocacy organization
- Voters with Disabilities Election Report (2018) (pdf) – The purpose of the GoVoter Survey was to find out the experience that voters with disabilities had casting a ballot including getting information about candidates and issues, poll workers attitudes, and completing a ballot.
- SABE Voter Education Toolkit
Commissions and Local Services
MA Town Clerks
From the Secretary of State’s web pages: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleclk/clkidx.htm
Many towns and cities have Disability Commissions. You can download a list at MA Commissions on Disabilities. Contact names and phone numbers are provided. Scroll down to the Additional Resources section.
Local Veterans Service Officers
Many towns and cities have a Veterans’ Service Officer. You can download a list at MA Veterans’ Services. Contact names and phone numbers are provided.
ASAPs and Councils on Aging
- From Mass.gov – Aging Service Access Points – www.mass.gov/location-details/aging-services-access-points-asaps-in-massachusetts
- Massachusetts Councils on Aging – mcoaonline.com
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network New England
- The Arc of Massachusetts
- Bay State Council of the Blind
- Boston Center for Independent Living
- Center for Living and Working
- Disability Law Center
- Disability Policy Consortium
- Easter Seals of Massachusetts
- Independence Associates
- Mass Advocates Standing Strong
- MA Developmental Disabilities Council
- MA Down Syndrome Congress
- MA State Association of the Deaf
- MetroWest Center for Independent Living
- Northeast Independent Living Program
- Perkins School
- National Disability Rights Network