Let’s Get Out the Disability Vote in 2020!
This year has challenged all of us. Now, more than ever, we have to make sure that each and every one of our voices is heard through the Power of the Disability Vote!
Join REV UP MA’s video conference conversation on Friday, September 11 at 10:30 am to discuss the importance of disability advocacy during this year’s Presidential Race and how we can all work to Get Out The Vote!
We want to hear from you – What are your concerns? What issues should the candidates be addressing? How can we make sure that every vote is counted!
Register online at DLC-MA.org.
10:30 AM – Welcoming Remarks
10:40 am – 11:45 am – COVID, the 2020 Election and Accommodations – Current Protections and What we need to do moving forward – Discussion followed by a Q&A
- Michelle Tassinari, Director and Legal Counsel – Secretary of State Elections Division
- Commissioner Thomas Hicks, Election Assistance Commission
11:45 – 12:15 pm – DLC Wants to Hear From You: What Are Your Concerns About the Upcoming Election
- Tatum Pritchard, Director of Litigation, Disability Law Center
- Marlene Sallo, Executive Director, Disability Law Center
12:15 – 12:30 pm – BREAK
12:30 – 2:00 pm – The 2020 Election & Why We Need to Get Out the Vote – Discussion followed by Q&A
- Michelle Bishop, Voter Access & Engagement Manager – National Disability Rights Network
- Rebecca Cokley, Disability Rights Activist/Director – Disability Justice Initiative, Center for American Progress
- Erin Prangley, Director of Policy, National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- Sandy Ho, Research Associate, Lurie Institute for Disability Policy
2:00 – 2:30 pm – Closing Remarks
Join the Video Conference Conversation
** Registrants may participate by telephone **
ASL Interpreters and CART have been confirmed.
Please submit any accommodation requests to Amanda at 617-315-4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than September 4, 2020.